W.Does the chocolate chip have something in common with Egos and Cinnamon Toast Crunch? Well, here are some of the best breakfasts offered in the 90’s, IMO. During the days when Walkman was your best friend, Destiny’s Child was still with you, and frosted tips were everything – these were some of the food eaten on the rig. Apart from these delicious foods, the ones that still manage to survive (thank God) are none other than pop tarts. Sweet on the inside, easy to walk on, and garnish with a thin layer of icing … What’s not to like?
So, when we saw this jumbo-sized strawberry pop tart recipe from Half Baked Harvest, we obviously had to learn how to make it. This is perfect for feeding a large crowd and requires only a few pantry staples – and let’s be honest, sometimes we just want to get to the brunch potluck which is the most amazing dish. , You know? (“I swear it was.” You Easy to make! Yeah Al that sounds pretty crap to me, Looks like BT aint for me either. “) And while the berry season is in full swing, this pop tart is the best way to make sure you don’t lose any of your precious strawberries. Can be converted into homemade fruit spreads that can be stored for weeks. It is also instant pot friendly.
Ready to get baking? Find the recipe below – and to make sure it’s a success, we’ve put together some simple tips, tricks, and allergy modifications to make this delicious treat suitable for everyone.
halfbakedharvest Giant 🍓 pop tart #poptart #strawberry #icing #sprinkles #homemadepoptart #bake #bakersoftiktok #snack #Baking #frosting ♬ Just a Cloud Away – Ferrell Williams
If you are dairy free or plant based then how to make this sheet pan strawberry pop tart
Here are a few things to keep in mind before rushing to the market to find the ingredients to make this huge pop tart. Although this recipe is not vegetarian by nature, you can easily convert it into one with a few simple plant-based modifications. When baking, Holy Grill usually comes with all the ingredients based on animals like eggs, butter and milk. However, we have found many ways to make delicious baked goods without the need for any of these ingredients.
For baking, some of the best egg alternatives include unsweetened apple sauce, ground flax seeds and ground chia seeds. For more Alt-Egg options, check out these eight best vegan egg substitutes. The possibilities and options available these days are virtually endless when it comes to butter and milk substitutes. So feel free to change them one by one for your favorite brands. However, if you use regular butter to make these delicious pop tarts, Gerard uses crushed cold butter, a simple cooking technique that results in a shiny crust. (BTW, if you want to have breakfast on the table as soon as possible, you can always use a store-bought frozen pie crust so you can spend less time cooking and more time enjoying.) That may be our little secret.)
Giant Frosted Strawberry Pop Tart Recipe
Gets 9 servings.
For Pop Tart:
1 cup whole purpose flour
1 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
Cut 2 sticks (1 cup) cold salted butter into 1/2 inch pieces.
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Beat 1 egg to brush.
1 jar (13-16 ounces) strawberry jam / preserved
2 cups powdered sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3-6 tablespoons warm milk
1. In a bowl, mix whole wheat flour, flour and salt. Add the butter and toss with the flour until the mixture thickens. Add 1 / 4-1 / 3 cups of cold water, one tablespoon at a time, until the dough becomes a ball. You can also use a food processor.
2. Roll the dough on the surface of the dough and divide it in half. Roll each half into a 1/4 inch thick rectangle, approximately 8 x 16 inches.
3. Transfer one sheet to a parchment-lined baking sheet and spread evenly over the jam, leaving a 1-inch border around the edge. Spread the remaining half of the dough over the filling and seal the edges by crushing the back of the fork.
4. Cover the baking sheets and keep them in the fridge for 1 hour or in the freezer for 20 minutes.
5. Preheat the oven to 400 ° F. Brush the pop tart with the cracked egg and bake for 30-35 minutes, until the crust is golden brown. Let cool.
6. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, vanilla, and two tablespoons of warm milk, adding the milk to dilute the frosting to your liking. Spread frosting on pop tart. Let the frosting set for a few minutes, then garnish with sprinkles. Let sit for an hour or overnight to allow the cold to dry. Cut the tart into nine rectangles. Serve or store in an airtight container for three days at room temperature.